Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Third grade advice & remarks about Abu Dhabi

My sister drew these name tags for my kids when she visited my classroom last week. I made copies and had them write me a piece of advice, a thought, a wish or a question about me leaving for Abu Dhabi. This is what they came up with (all translations are copied exactly as they were written):

 Ernesto: "Take deep breaths. Abu Dhabi is cool so be cool."
(Mr. Ernesto, you are the definition of cool. I will try to live up to you.)

 Ariana: "I wish you have a great time at Abu Dhabi and remember the class loves you very much and will miss you very much. We will miss you very much Ms. Warriner."
(Ariana, you are the sweetest student I have. I will miss your smile and the kindness that radiates from you.)

 Rafael: "you are the best teacher in the hole wide world I wish you cold be my teacher every day." (I AM your teacher every day, Rafael. And apparently, you are absent during our spelling lessons ;))

 Ashley: "the advice I will give you is keep on following your dreams in abu dhabi. I bet i will be difficult to speak the language."
(Isn't it amazing how at 8 and 9 years old they know about the concept of 'following one's dreams?' As far as learning to speak and write Arabic -- I'm sure difficult is not the word.)

 Nicholas: "I will miss you when you go to Abu Dhabi I'll miss because you're my favorite teacher."
(Nicholas, you have come a long way this year and have grown up tremendously. I'm proud of you.)

 Ana Victoria: "I will miss you when you go to Abu Dhabi. You are the best third grade teacher ever. I love you Ms. Warriner. I wish you would never move to Abu Dhabi. Thank you for everything you have done to me. Than you for teaching me the correct things."
(Victoria, you are going places, young lady. You have proved yourself to be a motivated, self-sufficient third grader with a giggle that makes me want to laugh every time I hear it.)

 Efren: "I wish that you would never leave to any state or city because if you are not in school my life will be miserable. And I wish that you would have a wonderful trip to Abu Dhabi and never ever ever and I mean never forget us on your trip and don't ever break there rules. and come back soon." (I love it when my hard-asses show a little emotion.)

 Juan: "have a nice day in abu dhabi I'm just telling you that you have teaching me a lot. you are nice." (One of my needier ELL students. Such a sweet, polite gentleman.)

 Wilson: "I hope you have a good time in Abu Dhabi. all of us will miss you mostly me."
(Wilson, you are too funny. 'Mostly me.' Mmmmhmm.)

 Rayshawn: "when you go to Abu Dhabi you be safe in the air and on ground. Thank you for teaching me all these: math, reading and geography. thank you so, so much for teaching me these. Be safe, Ms. Warriner." (My little linebacker looking out for my safety in all sorts of places - I just want to smush his little face!)

 Joseph: "Me and Jesus can't believe that you are moving. What language will you teach to your students? And what type of food will you eat?"
(I though Joseph meant the spiritual Jesus, when I first read this, but then remembered he has an older brother who I also had in third grade, named Jesus.)

 Dylan: "have a great summer Follow your dreams"
(This young man has spent the past two years in my classroom. A man of a few words.)

Guadalupe: "I want you to know that i have always loved you like i love my family. I hope you have fun in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirites. P.S. I wish to have your phone number to call you and make sure your ohkay."
(Sweet girl -- little intense.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revive yo self, girl.

Hi! It's been a while. Life happened and I forgot to write it down.  I read a book recently. One that made me think long after I fin...