Tuesday, June 11, 2013

SMH

Two things quickly.

One, CJ's dad got out of prison last week and CJ was absent Wednesday, Thursday and Friday hanging out with him. I wonder if having this male back in his life (he has been locked up for more than five years) will be a positive or another negative stacked against him. CJ seemed to be in high spirits on Monday when he told me his dad was back and what they did together and what he hopes they can do when school gets out. I smiled and said I was happy that CJ was happy. Dad, don't let this kid down.

Two, totally unrelatable. This is embarassing. Every year, I have had one mishap with showing a clip of something I have not viewed previously. For example, one year for Valentine's Day, I showed the Peanuts Valentine cartoon and when Charlie Brown started speaking, obsceneties flew out of his mouth, thanks to whatever idiot dubbed that version.

So, I had almost made it through this year with a clean slate. Until yesterday. We were studying types of spiders in science and toward the end of the period, I showed a clip of the ten most dangerous spiders. Everything was fine, the kids were covering their eyes and reading outloud the descriptions of the various spiders and the consequences of their bites. We get all the way to number one (I don't even remember the name) and the kids are reading the description: ".....Venom injected by his bite can lead to impotence." Oh God. Racing up front. "Which means you can't get it up." Crap. Who wrote this?! Luckily, they didn't get it. I quickly turned it off, and changed the subject. On to Geography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revive yo self, girl.

Hi! It's been a while. Life happened and I forgot to write it down.  I read a book recently. One that made me think long after I fin...