Tuesday, June 18, 2013

{Purge}

Went back in to Brunson-Lee today to finish cleaning, packing and purging to get my room ready for the new teacher. It was a hard to swallow looking at the door that joined Mandy's room to mine, knowing that next year, she would be connected to someone else. Browsing through old binders and folders and desk name cards of students that I had for an entire year and those who called Brunson-Lee home for only a short time. Looking at all the table and chairs and remembering the personalities that had occupied them over the last 1,000 days. The spirits of so many kids who have come and gone from this room will travel with me across the Atlantic. Well-behaved and helpful, hurt and homeless, motivated and defiant. I have learned and loved you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revive yo self, girl.

Hi! It's been a while. Life happened and I forgot to write it down.  I read a book recently. One that made me think long after I fin...