Monday, October 14, 2013

Waiting #wringing hands

This is the most excruciating part of my journey so far.

Waiting.

 I'm not the best waiter. At first, I didn't mind and felt sort of relaxed about letting someone else on another end do some processing after running amok trying to get a document updated by the Arizona Department of Education and sending those revised documents off to become authenticated by the state, the US Embassy and the UAE Embassy.

But that was about a month and a half ago. I haven't heard from Footprints in ages (when I e-mail my rep to check in, she just says there is "nothing new to report yet, waiting on visas,") and am ambushed by millions of new posts on my Facebook threads of teachers moving to Abu Dhabi in August. Comments and questions such as, "Is coconut water easily available?" "Make sure you purchase international life insurance or change your existing life insurance policy so you are covered," "How soon after we arrive in AD does our health insurance kick in?" "Living Will, Living Trust, Power of Attorney, Pour Over Will, Advance Health Care Directive ... get it in order before leaving!" "What are you doing with your car while in AD?" "What bank have you found that will wire money internationally for free?" "How can I watch American TV in the UAE?" "Do I need the magic jack AND a VPN AND the Buffalo router in order to fool my computer into thinking it is still in the US?"

Enough. I am not even thinking about half of these things! I didn't know I was suppose to. And now that I am, I am stressing out because I don't know the answers to any of them!

Finally ... a comment with calming properties.

"As I sat all evening going through years of papers, I thought we are all so brave and inspirational. For us to take such massive leap, uprooting years of routines, friends and so much more, we deserve credit. Whatever the outcomes are, we took the leap and should be proud as there will be no 'what if'. :)"


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyF_kZcdEGQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revive yo self, girl.

Hi! It's been a while. Life happened and I forgot to write it down.  I read a book recently. One that made me think long after I fin...