Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100310201396445&l=4866575090273748486

 
The mosque has a strict dress code, requiring women to cover from ankles to head scarves. If your outfit did not comply with these rules, you were given a black cloak to wear over your clothes.
 
 
The most spires a mosque has, the more money that region has. This mosque has quite a few. At night, lights that look like clouds light up the white surface of the mosque.

 
Upon exiting the mosque and returning the borrowed cloak, I couldn't take the heat anymore and ditched my cardigan to get some relief. Didn't work. Thought about jumping into the pools ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revive yo self, girl.

Hi! It's been a while. Life happened and I forgot to write it down.  I read a book recently. One that made me think long after I fin...